2009 is the year of mobile search.
Google have developed their offering of mobile search over the past year which covered some key milestones.
– In April they launched Product Search for Android and iPhone
– In July they launched Product Search for other web enabled phones. Product search allows users to read product ratings and reviews while you are shopping helping you to get the best deals.
– In June Google launched a new version of iGoogle for Android and iPhone devices making more of desktop iGoogle gadgets available on the mobile.
– August saw Image Search results optimised for feature phones.
– In September they launched the mobile version of Fast Flip for Android and iPhone, allowing users to scan news articles quickly.
– In October they launched Search Options for Android, iPhone and Palm WebOS phones, allowing users to further refine search results to get the information they are after.
To find more about mobile search visit google’s blog.
I will be adding more shortly.