Yes of course you can.
To make a good facebook page, optimised for both customers and seo, you need to get your fans talking about the brand and the experience.
The page needs to be kept fresh, full of relevant content and be kept active.
Here are a few tips:
• Relevant and timely content
• Special offers/ promo codes unique to facebook fans
• Ask your fans when you have a question – feedback is important
• Multimedia: add photos, videos, events
• Use facebook ads to drive new fans to your page
• Advertise by targeting your competitor’s fans
• Make it conversational, not salesy or spammy
• Use Facebook to build relationships with current customers, not to get new customers.
Optimising for seo
1.Choose the best name for your Facebook Page and stick to it.
Don’t put too many keywords in the title as it will be seen as spammy and will stop the viral growth of your Page.
Don’t make the facebook page too generic. Facebook want all pages to authentically represent business, brands or celebrity.
Use your business’s real name as the name of the Page.
2. Select the best URL (Facebook username) for your Facebook Page
The URL is one of the most important SEO opportunities on Facebook.
When you choose a Facebook username for your Page, your Page’s URL becomes www.facebook.com/YourUsernameHere. Facebook recently launched the ability to choose the vanity URL.
Once a username and URL is selected for your page, it cannot be changed, so choose wisely, use the business name with generic keywords which represent your company.
Facebook requires that your Page have at least 100 fans before it becomes eligible to select a username.
3. Use the “About” text box to place keyword-dense prose near the top of your Page
Place keyword-dense prose as close to the top of the Page as possible. There is a limit of 250 characters.
4. Include important keywords, priority links on the “Info” tab
Complete all the fields on the Info tab with keywords and links to other parts of the site. Make sure you also include your company address, company overview as this will all help to increase the content score of your Facebook Page for many types of Google searches.
Address, City, County, Post code are important fields for local searches
Company Overview, Mission, and Products are important fields for product searches
Make sure you choose the category that best suits your business as the different fields are dependent on the category.
5. Post direct links to your website (or other relevant sites) in your Page’s stream
Status updates are a great way to place direct links at the top of your Page’s structure and it can boost your Facebook Page’s link score.
There are two ways to put post links into your Page’s stream:
– Include the raw URL in the text of the status update itself
– Use the “attach link” feature in the Facebook publisher
6. Add photos with captions, events with descriptions, and a discussion forum
Always share interesting content on your Facebook Page.
Make sure that all photos and videos have titles and captions
When you post events, include text and keywords in the event description. Add a discussion forum to your Page.
7. Get more inbound links to your Facebook Page from the web
Post links to your Facebook Page on all your websites
The more inbound links you have to your Facebook Page, the more it will boost its PageRank.. You can do this with anchor text links and the “Find Us On Facebook” badge which it encourages Page owners to use.
8. Get more intra-Facebook inbound links from your fans
Facebook places links to Facebook Pages on the default version of Facebook users’ profile pages.
These links are visibile to search engines which is great for seo. The more fans you get, the more links you will have to your Page within Facebook.
And there you have it, a few tips to make sure you are top of the facebook search results and Google.